Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ready Made Family Home Evening Lessons

If you are LDS you probably try very hard to get FHE lessons ready each week. If your kids are like mine, they have a hard time paying attention to those lessons if they are not full of pictures, games, and interaction. This can be a time consuming task week after week to prepare amongst all the other crazy things we do each week. But I fully believe in the importance of having family home evening one night a week. It brings the family closer and strengthens their bonds. It gives families a time to teach children important things in life that they don't get from school or day to day interaction with them. So my husband and I try really hard to make sure we have a lesson planned each week. Some weeks I don't get around to planning a whole week in advance, so I go to a site I want to refer you to. It's called Family Home Evenings... To Go. The lady that does this blog does an exceptionally wonderful job putting lessons together that make lessons fun and entertaining for kids, and they learn something. The best part is that the entire FHE is ready to print, from the scripture to the pictures to the stories, to the treat! I visit this site ALL the time. It does take a little bit of time to color and cut out some of the pictures (however a good number of them are already colored, so you are in luck if you have a color printer). I also like to laminate mine. If I'm going to do all that work I want to save the lessons to use when my youngest gets a little older to understand the stories. I recommend that you start planning at at least a day or two in advance and let your children help you color the pictures. The more they are involved in preparing a lesson, the easier it is for them to pay attention and follow along (and it makes them excited to see the pictures they colored). Good luck and happy FHE preparation!

1 comment:

  1. I love resources like that. So many times, I find myself without enough time to prepare a lesson, so I turn to my pre-planned bag of fhe lessons, and breathe a sigh of relief.

    In that vein, I'd like to share a great resource I found out about a bit ago, FHE on DVD (http://fheondvd.com/). They're preplanned lessons on DVD, and they've been great. (

    ReplyDelete